Below are books that we’ve found helpful and would like to recommend to you:
- Finding Grace in the Face of Dementia by John Dunlop, MD
- Finishing Well to the Glory of God by John Dunlop, MD
- Wellness for the Glory of God by John Dunlop, MD
- Coach Broyles’ Playbook for Alzheimer’s Caregiver’s: Tips and Strategies Booklet by J. Frank Broyles
- The 36-Hour Day by Nancy L. Mace, MA and Peter V. Rabins, MD
- ABA/AARP Checklist for My Family: A Guide to My History, Financial Plans and Final Wishes by Sally Balch Hurme
Alzheimer’s Association in Houston, Texas
The local Alzheimer’s Association in Houston, Southeast Texas Chapter has been serving the Greater Houston area for over thirty years. The Alzheimer’s Association offers a variety of programs and services for people with Alzheimer’s disease and support for their family and friends. Information available:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Caregiver Center
- The Basics; Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- 24/7 Helpline
Visit: https://www.alz.org/texas/ for detailed information.
An online publication by PBS for and about seniors’ interests and issues that comes directly to your email address.
Topics such as:
- Health & Well-Being
- Money & Security
- Work & Purpose
- Living & Learning
Just go to their website www.nextavenue.org and subscribe for free!